The Ridge Meadows Association for Community Living is committed to providing an environment in which people can be confident of receiving the highest quality programs and services. To help meet this goal RMACL has developed and continues to enhance a Quality Assurance program that allows us to continually plan, assess, assure, and improve the effectiveness of our services and the level of satisfaction of clients. RMACL’s quality assurance program is outcome-based, focusing primarily on the people receiving support, but also on our services and operations. In all areas RMACL seeks to balance individual and family choice with program effectiveness, leading to changed lives. Quality assurance is carried out both through internal processes and in cooperation with a number of external agencies and mechanisms.
Since 2001, RMACL has been accredited by CARF. Some of the key quality assurance practises that support our accreditation include:
- a consultative and inclusive approach to strategic planning and organizational development.
- cultivating systems and processes that focus on respect, dignity, and personal choice.
- promoting client and family involvement on board and advisory committees.
- the development and regular review of individual service plans for the children and adults we support.
- annual assessments of client, stakeholder, and employee satisfaction.
- regular visits and reviews by government agencies and regulatory bodies.
- managing risk to safely and responsibly improve performance
- annual reviews and presentation of financial results by an independent auditor.
- the development and measurement of outcomes for each service area, including the publication of an outcomes management report.
- the review and investigation of health and safety concerns, critical incidents, and consumer and stakeholder complaints.
- promoting and assuring consumer interests in critical areas such as health and safety, assistive technology, accessibility, and disaster planning.
- building and maintaining a work environment that is conducive to performance excellence and personal and organizational growth.
- a focus on continuous quality improvement and learning by using the information we collect to create new and better ways of service.